Submitting music to Outpost Radio stations
For released albums, we prefer to work from CDs for consistency of sound,
tagging, artwork, etc. To send a CD, please request our mailing address
We can accept electronic submissions as described below.
Note that we cannot legally take music from YouTube, Spotify, etc.
We report folk/acoustic adds weekly to FolkDJ and NACC, and they are
displayed on our
web page. We do not send email notifications when submissions
- Albums must be submitted as a single .zip file as described below.
- If you have CD of the album and a computer or laptop with a CD/DVD drive:
- Rip the entire CD to .wav files. There are many software products
for ripping CDs and related tasks if you don't have one already.
- Make a .zip file from the .wav
files and send the zip file as described below.
- If you have a complete set of mp3 files for an album:
- Make a .zip file with all album tracks, artwork, and info.
- The tracks must be .mp3,
192 kbps or higher, and tagged with
title, artist, and album.
- We can only accept albums via Dropbox,
or Google Drive
- Send the link to us at
- Release packages which include multiple formats (.wav, etc) in addition
to mp3 are welcome.
- A single must be an .mp3 file as described above. .wav is not usable.
- Send the file using one of the transfer methods listed above.
Caution: All too often, digital files are found to be unusable during processing and must be
discarded. Lack of complete and correct tags is the most common problem.
We are not able to notify submitters when this happens.
- Proper mp3 tags are essential and are displayed for listeners.
Untagged files are not usable.
- Do not send any file types except .wav or .mp3
as described above. Singles may only be sent as .mp3
- For MP3 files, 256kbps CBR is the recommended format.
- Digital releases are usually not listed on NACC charts and so
are not reported.