Submitting music to Outpost Radio stations
For released albums, we prefer to work from CDs for consistency of sound,
tagging, artwork, etc. To send a CD, please request our mailing address
We can accept electronic submissions as described below.
Note that we cannot legally take music from YouTube, Spotify, etc.
We report folk/acoustic adds weekly to FolkDJ and NACC, and they are
displayed on our
web page. We do not send email notifications when submissions
- We can only accept albums via
- Make a .zip file with all album tracks, artwork, and info.
- The tracks must be .mp3,
192 kbps or higher, and tagged with
title, artist, and album.
- Place the file in Dropbox or GoogleDrive and send the link to us at
- Release packages which include multiple formats (.wav, etc) in addition
to mp3 are welcome.
- A single file must be mp3 as described above.
- Send a Dropbox or GoogleDrive link to the file as described above.
- Alternately, email to the above address with no
more than one attached mp3 file.
Caution: All too often, digital files are found to be unusable during processing and must be
discarded. Lack of complete and correct tags is the most common problem.
We are not able to notify submitters when this happens.
- Proper mp3 tags are essential and are displayed for listeners.
Untagged files are not usable.
- Do not send any file types except .mp3 for audio tracks.
MP3 256kbps CBR is the recommended format.
- Digital releases are usually not listed on NACC charts and so
are not reported.